<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/38365664?origin\x3dhttp://aims-dolcevita.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Australia Day Saga: Prelude

So how should I begin this entry?

*thinks hard and almost aborts this entry*

Anyway, sorry for the delay in updating my blog. Have been busy for the past few days, busy having fun, that is, lol. Well, it all started from the night before Australia Day......

So I was feeling extremely bored at home and coincidentally, Brendan just came back from work. Perfect timing, muahaha......

*eyes at Brendan with 'evil' intentions*

me: Yo Brendan, I'm feeling bored, wanna go out tonight?
Brendan: Yea sure, where'd you wanna go?
me: No idea, just don't wanna stay at home. Any suggestions?
Brendan: Well, I don't mind.
me: ......
Both stared at each other and remained silent for 1 minute. Finally......
me: Well, I'm kinda craving for sweets.
Brendan: What kind of sweets?
me: I don't know, sorta craving for cakes but at the same time, also craving for ice-creams. So how?
Brendan: We could go to the Paperbag Deli for cakes or to St. Kilda for ice-creams......
me: Or to Lygon Street for gelati ice-creams.
Great. 3 irresistable options and it was even harder to make up my mind!
me: ...... -_-lll Well, let's just decide in the car shall we? Don't think we're ever gonna make up our minds if we carry on with this conversation.

So in the car, us two very indecisive beings finally made a unanimous decision --> ice-creams at St. Kilda! (considering I haven't had ice-creams at St. Kilda before and Brendan kept saying it's the YUMMIEST, so yea)

And I'm glad with our decision because night life in St. Kilda is simply awesome! *gasp* There was a vibrant night market --> a group of very yeng *swoons* fire performers aka fire tailers (think that's how it's spelled gua, haha), a very exotic South American music band, food kiosks and damn, there's even a psychic! Says there: GENUINE PSYCHIC $25/half hour. 0_0 Wa, not bad wor, sounds very profitable, hehe......

Man, people were everywhere, even the biker gang was out with their very cool Harleys! *gasp* Was wondering if St. Kilda is always THIS crowded or was it because of Australia Day the next day. But according to Brendan, St. Kilda is always happening every night.

Anyway, first thing first. Mission 1: Ice-creams!! *drools*

So Brendan brought me to this place which allegedly sells the YUMMIEST ice-creams (or at least that's according to Brendan) which was also packed with heaps of people. See, I wasn't the only craving for ice-creams, hehe......

And we both got what we wanted.



Brendan and his err... Some flavoured ice-creams with frozen berries! (can't remember what flavours he had, hehe >_<)

.

.

.

.

.

.

So what about me?

Hehe, you'll know.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Yours truly and the FABULOSO Ferraro Rocher+Peppermint ice-cream! *feels very shiok*

Anyway, didn't think it was the yummiest ice-cream though, still prefer those at Lygon Street. Oh well, preferences are after all, very subjective depending on the individuals.

Went for a stroll along the beach after those yummy ice-creams. Decided to take off my heels because they were simply killing my poor feet and it was much more comfortable walking barefoot on the sandy beach. So we were crapping a lot (especially me, hehe) while walking, UNTIL.......

Brendan: *shocked+excited* Hey, is that a comet over there?!! *points towards the horizon*
me: *blur blur* Huh? What comet? I don't see any comet......
Brendan: Over there, that's the tail of the comet.
me: *still blur blur* Err, yea, think I can see it now (gua)......

Well, the comet wasn't too bright so I had to struggle a bit before finally finding its exact location. Nevertheless, I was sooooo excited because, what are the odds of spotting a comet right? At least it didn't happen often to me, lol. So I was in an extremely good mood, felt very lucky and was even telling Brendan, "If only we could have a close-up view of the comet through a telescope......"

Then, out of my surprise, a MIRACLE happened......

Brendan: Hey, what are those people doing over there? OMG, they have a telescope!
me:!!!!!!! 0_0 *speechless*

I swear to God, I honestly DIDN'T see those guys before I said that and needless to describe, both of us were dumbfounded. Man, my wish instantly came true! *gasp* And on top of that, there wasn't only one telescope, in fact, there were TWO!! *blimey*

One of the gentlemen kindly allowed us to check out the comet through his telescope and boy, seeing it through a telescope was absolutely different from seeing it with the naked eyes! It was so spectacular and was simply beyond any descriptions by words! I was totally blown away by its magnificence... (Apparently, there's been plenty of fuss going on about this particular comet but for some mysterious reasons, I was actually oblivious to it before that night!)

According to the gentleman, it's called Comet McNaught and it was named after Robert McNaught, a British Australian astronomer who discovered it last August. Although astronomers could calculate precisely when it'd pass Earth, it wasn't possible to predict its brightness, in fact, they initially thought it wouldn't be THIS bright. However, they were obviously mistaken because Comet McNaught turned out to be one of the brightest comets that came close to Earth! And hell, it is even hailed as the Great Comet of 2007! *gasp*

Comet McNaught from Swift's Creek, Victoria, Australia on 23 January 2007. For more information about Comet McNaught, check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comet_McNaught

Oh yea, so when's the next time Comet McNaught comes back to Earth? In another 100,000 years (if it decides to come back at all, that is)!! o_0 Walao, don't know must die how many times only can get 100,000 years ler? Hehe... Oh well, that's the wonders of astronomy. Anyway, having witnessed this once-in-a-lifetime comet, I was absolutely thrilled and was even beginning to feel optimistic and lucky. Suddenly, just have a good feeling about everything...... ^^

So to Comet McNaught, thanks for appearing right before me! Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip after Earth though, hehe...... *winks*

-to be continued-

p.s. Because I'm terribly exhausted from outings for the past few days, have decided to have 3 individual blogs about my Australia Day 'adventures', hehe... So, do stay tuned for more of my Australia Day Saga! *winks*

Labels:

♥ When you think of happiness, I hope you think of me.
11:25 AM


4 comments

♥ MYSELF ;

    Ammie or Aims.
    From Malaysia, currently in Australia.
    More about myself?
    Read my blog,
    perhaps you'll get an idea.
    Of course,
    that might or might not be the case,
    not promising anything.
    I don't owe you an explanation
    about myself after all.

♥ TagBoard


♥ Thank you

♥ Past

♥ Counters



    eXTReMe Tracker