<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://draft.blogger.com/navbar/38365664?origin\x3dhttp://aims-dolcevita.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Monday, January 29, 2007

Australia Day~26 Jan 2007~

So, Australia Day.

Australian flag



Our beloved Malaysian flag. *pride*

Eh? But what does Malaysia have to do with Australia Day? -_-lll

Well, must also put our flag lo, or else I might be accused of being unpatriotic or un-Malaysian just because an Australian flag is stuck on this entry. And I might end up like this --> Ammie=Pembelot/pengkhianat negara, then how?

NOOOOOOO!!!! *falls into black hole* T_T

Please lor, I'm very Malaysian OK? (at least I think I am) Malaysia boleh!

Ok, enough with Ammie-ish nonsense. *hehe* So, it was Australia Day. Frankly, I seriously don't get the idea of Oz Day (supposedly about early European settlement in Oz, I think), oh well not that it bothers me anyway. Nevertheless, I kinda dig this Oz Day thingy, because:

  1. it's a PUBLIC HOLIDAY! (For Malaysians who don't understand why I'm excited over this reason, let me explain. You see, unlike Malaysia which is blessed with an abundance of public holidays; in Australia, public holiday is a scarcity, in fact, they have very few public holidays. =.= So my fellow Malaysians, please don't take your public holidays for granted, lol.)
  2. the whole Melbourne is filled with excitement, everywhere is just so happening!
  3. you can also see 'walking Australian flags' everywhere --> people walking around with Oz flags wrapped around them. (err... should I consider this as one of the reasons? o_0) Oh well, guess that's how they express their sense of Australian-ness. ^^

Anyway, I still prefer our Independence Day celebration lo. Why? Because I'm after all a Malaysian and plus, I also get to yell "Merdeka! Merdeka! Merdeka!". *chuckles*

-__-"

So back to Australia Day. Ben dumped both me and Brendan at home for some so-called 'treasure hunt'. *sobs* But nvm, cos Brendan and I decided to hang out in the city, surely it'd be much better than some lousy treasure hunting right? Yea Ben, eat this! Muahaha... *in vindictive mode*

Was just kidding btw, I wouldn't hold any grudges against dear Ben lo, hehe......

Headed to one of my favourite Chinese restaurants for lunch as soon as we reached the city (Can't remember the name of the restaurant, it's at Bourke Street though. Yes, I know it's ironic considering I like the place, hehe). Really like the decor as well as the ambience of the restaurant, thumbs up!

I had a yummy char kuey teow and my favourite mouth-watering chocolate bubble tea *drools*, plus, the best part was, we were dining al-fresco. So, great place+great food+great Melbourne view=I'm in HEAVEN!!!

And, to make things even better, the waiters were very cool and not to mention, ahem, quite leng zai too *blushes*. It's not just the looks you know, one of them was actually very attentive. How attentive? Well, let me RECAP:

Brendan finished his coke just as Waiter A came with his food.
me: Omg, you finished your drinks even before your food came?!! 0_0
Brendan: *pai seh* Well, I'm kinda thirsty......

And within seconds, out of my surprise, Waiter A returned with a glass of sparkling water! Attentive right? *swoons* Impressive.

Needless to mention, I totally enjoyed lunch there! *winks*

^_^

Decided to walk over to Federation Square after lunch. As expected, Melbourne was simply buzzing with excitement! But wait, something seemed to have caught Brendan's attention......


Hmm, wonder what he's looking at?

.



.



.



.



.



.



.



.



.



.


Oh, so there's a circus guy flying in the air, no wonder la...

Can see clearly or not? Nvm, I'll blow up the photo for you......


Much clearer right? There we are, our Mr. Circus Guy! *chuckles*

Interesting huh? But wait, that's not all, because as soon as we arrived at Federation Square, I met my kinsmen! *gasp*

Wahai rakan-rakan seperjuanganku, apa khabar?

=.=

So what kind of so-called kinsmen did I meet?


.


.


.


.


.


Hehe, you really wanna know?


.


.


.


.


.



Crews from Channel 10! *tadah!*

-_-lll

Ok, I know you must be thinking I'm deluded (about the kinsmen analogy), hehe... But hey, let me explain myself. Considering I'm a journalism student, so I reckon media people are somewhat like my kins, don't you agree? I mean, we're in the same field... *nods head*

Btw sorry to Channel 10 though. Well, as you can see from the photo above, there's a big ass banner of Channel 7 above the Channel 10 crews! 0_0 Honestly, I wasn't aware of that at all when I took this photo and I seriously didn't intend to sabotage Channel 10. Nevertheless, a very interesting juxtaposition, don't you reckon? Hehe...

Anyway, here's a better picture of Channel 10 crews.

The presenter with a sea of crowd behind him!

Guess it's a live broadcast and he must be waiting for his cue to go on-air live. Poor bloke though, it was a fairly warm day and he's in suit, so he's sweating pretty badly. Oh well, the man had a job to do, keep up the good work though!

Anyway, I've figured Oz Day is also somewhat like Children's Day because there're heaps of recreational games exclusively for kids. For example, check out the queer (or should I say, 'artistic'?) 'bamboo-like-trap game'.

Eh little boy, very fun meh? Macam boring je =.= Anyway, don't you think the kids look cute? *winks*


I like this shot, aren't they angels? Awwwwww......

And oh, they have this kids version of X-Game thingy too. Looked kinda fun, at least kids were enjoying themselves and some of them kept doing somersaults as well. Damn, too bad they didn't have one for adults......

Doesn't this look fun? Bet kids loved it!

Anyway, besides an excellent opportunity for the little ones to have fun, Oz Day also serves an excellent opportunity for potential advertisers to bombard poor civilians like us. Gosh, ads were everywhere! For instance, in Fed Square alone, there were heaps of big ass The Age sponsored Australian Open ads.


Look, one of the ads got Brendan! Hehe......

Decided to have a rest at the Yarra riverbank after a long walk (bloody hell, we walked from Crown to Fed Square and that's kinda tiring lo). The sun, the fresh air, the gentle breeze, the soft grass, what a wonderful Australia Day! *winks*

Went to my beloved Max Brenner for some heavenly chocolate after that. Man, I totally enjoyed my Australia Day!

-to be continued-

p.s. As you can see from this entry, I've taken a few candid shots of poor Brendan when he's not looking. *evil laughs* So, in his attempt to revenge, he took one of mine as well, but err, not sure if it's an effective revenge plot, because......


.


.


.


.


.


.


.


.


The 'wrath' of Brendan --> A candid shot of my back (????) -_-lll

p.p.s. Seriously, don't think it's an effective revenge plan at all. *laughs hysterically*

Labels:

♥ When you think of happiness, I hope you think of me.
2:24 PM


1 comments

♥ MYSELF ;

    Ammie or Aims.
    From Malaysia, currently in Australia.
    More about myself?
    Read my blog,
    perhaps you'll get an idea.
    Of course,
    that might or might not be the case,
    not promising anything.
    I don't owe you an explanation
    about myself after all.

♥ TagBoard


♥ Thank you

♥ Past

♥ Counters



    eXTReMe Tracker