Monday, November 12, 2007
Birthdays,
I realise, are excitement and anticipation intertwined with a tinge of restlessness plus self-denial, especially when you're getting older. Anyone agrees? Or is it just me being paranoid? LOL
Anyway, 5 November 2007 marked the third birthday I've had in Australia. Time flies, doesn't it? *nolstagic*
2005... 21st birthday
2006... 22nd birthday
2007... 23rd birthday (Yes I know I'm getting older, mind you!)
I daresay, this year's birthday has to be one of the best birthdays I've ever had. Why? Because it somehow felt like an extended birthday celebration that lasted approximately a week! *gasp*
So it sort of started on the day before my birthday when I met Wai Kong korkor who was visiting from Switzerland, had a wonderful lunch with him and we walked around Smith Street before eventually having coffee in The Fitz at Brunswick Street. I must say, after being away from home for such a long time, meeting a family member was just so amazing and overwhelming. Think I was almost in tears when bidding goodbye to him on the tram and kind of spent the whole time emo-ing after that. T_T Nevertheless, it was great meeting him after all these years, honestly can't remember when was the last time I saw him!
The next day, celebrated my birthday with Ying, Alex, Nick and Brendan in Melbourne, which we actually kept eating the whole day! Oh well, not that I mind, considering I adore food immensely. =)
I then went off to my little trip the next day which turned out unexpectedly awesome, was actually a little saddened the day I left there. =( Reckon I'll miss there heaps!
And frankly, I was already very contented with everything that I couldn't ask for more.
UNTIL...
my housemates suddenly threw a surprise birthday party for me the next day after I came back from my trip (10 Nov)! *gasp* *speechless*
So Ying & Co. invited the others to come over for dinner, which I was initially under the impression that it was merely a normal dinner gathering, until Uncle Byron sort of ruined the surprise by blurting out "Where's the birthday girl?". -_-lll (Think Ying gave Byron a 'I'll-sula-you' glare though, muahaha!)
Anyway, I decided to pretend that I still didn't know. Seriously, why spoil the fun right? *chuckles*
Honestly, how could I be not emo ler?!! T_T A birthday party was absolutely out of my expectation and I was so overwhelmed that I almost cried when everyone was singing me a birthday song. *sobs*
Thanks guys, you guys have no idea how much I appreciate it. And dear Ying, thanks heaps for the birthday card you designed, love it! I've been blessed to have you as a friend and I definitely could not ask for more. *hearts*
Decided to go to Glendonald Park after that for a walk and as usual, it was time to camwhore!
幸福其实可以很简单,不需要太多奢侈。人生难得有如此知己,何尝也不是一种幸福呢?感谢上帝对我的眷恋。
Anyway, on 5 Nov 2007
Anyway, decided to roam around Melbourne Central after lunch when we discovered some avant-garde chairs and we gippslanders instantly showed off our 'superior' camwhoring skills!



And Ying was obviously so exhausted that she was in her lala land. Hmm, wonder what she did the day before? *hint hint* *evil laughter*


Honestly Nick, what the hell were you doing?!! -___-lll
To my surprise, this fancy chair was actually quite comfortable that I could almost fall asleep! *snores*
And Nick decided not to let the girls to have all the fun of camwhoring...
Nick emo-ing at Melbourne Central hours before his departure. As annoying as this dude could be sometimes, will definitely miss him! Do take care manslave *evil laughter* and all the best in job-hunting!
So after we sent Nick off at the airport, Alex insisted on going to Koko Black since he's never been there before.
Dinner at I-can't-remember-the-restaurant's-name -_-lll
Alex's dinner - salmon spaghetti, yum!
Two crazy women camwhoring at Crown Casino over desserts.
With Wai Kong korkor the day before my birthday in The Fitz at Brunswick St. Haven't seen the guy in ages and he doesn't seem to age a bit. =o Btw he also gave me 100 Swiss Franc as a birthday gift! *faints* Thanks heaps dear cousin, until we meet again, do take care.
Dessert at Crown Casino
Didn't eat the cakes though, (Yes, you heard me right, I actually said NO to cakes *gasp*), was just too full at the time. Brendan, Ying and Alex shared the cakes.
So, apart from sending Nick off which was rather saddening, I basically had a wonderful day on my birthday. Oh yea, remember how I mentioned this year's birthday was like an extended birthday celebration at the beginning of this entry?
Well, I reckon it could also be described as a three-course meal (bear with me, I simply love food!) --> Entree - meeting up with Wai Kong korkor; Main - Birthday celebration in Melbourne and holidaying for a few days in another state; Dessert - Surprise birthday party. Wicked, isn't it? LOL 0_0 Thank God for everything.
And oh, photos with Wai Kong korkor and later in Oriental Spoon with the blokes on the day before my birthday (sorry the photos posted on this entry weren't in a chronological order though, lol):
Met up with Brendan, Nick and Alex after that, went to Oriental Spoon for dinner.
I must admit, I'm not particularly fond of Korean cuisine. In fact, the last time I was in Oriental Spoon, I actually didn't really enjoy it. But I decided to give it a go for one more time and this time, the food definitely tasted much better. =) Wouldn't mind going there again, just don't ask me to go with a big group ok?
*****
So, my trip.
Labels: fun time, sentimental, special occasions
♥ When you think of happiness, I hope you think of me.
10:33 PM
1 comments
10:33 PM