<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/38365664?origin\x3dhttp://aims-dolcevita.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Malaysia Truly Asia,

that's the theme for Culture Night this year (it's about time someone did a Malaysian theme *pride*).


Ladies and gentlemen, meet the 'lady in red'......




Yours truly! Borrowed a stunning red kebaya from Alyaa but it was very loose especially around the waist area. Fortunately, with Wing Sze's fashion design expertise (can you believe this woman is actually from a fashion design background?!!), managed to get it fitted to my size with the help of a few stitches. Even Alyaa herself was very impressed and asked me not to remove those stitches. o_o

Anyway, camwhoring time......


With Ying and Surekha in her colourful sari.




Dalpura 4! L-R: Wing Sze, myself, Eileen, Ying (which reminds me, I was the only from Dalpura who was in a traditional attire, weird)








I wonder what Ying was doing with that face...... >_<



Funny faces...... Cheater spotted! --> Wing Sze




With Kelly, knew her from Kristen's 21st.




With Reshme. Gosh, she's fabulous in Indian dance!




Two 'ladies in red' spotted! =) L-R: Sarah (who came all the way from Melbourne), Alyaa, yours truly, Fatin.




Dalpura 4 again! Featuring the 'legendary' mamasan (yours truly) and her pretty lui luis. *evil laughter*




Shine Christian Fellowship's performance (I Will Follow You), meet the crew! [The pianist (Alex) was nowhere to be seen in this photo] I must say, despite the lack of practice, we managed to pull it off, bravo!




With HK Ivy.




Welcome to Kuala Lumpur! (That was what Acting Pro Vice Chancellor Harry Ballis first exclaimed in his speech. Btw, Harry ended up pretty tipsy that night!)




Malaysians (plus one Vietnamese, Jenny on the top left) in front of the 'Petronas Twin Towers'. I miss Malaysia! T_T





One tower for each of us. *.* Btw, kudos to those who were involved in decoration! I must say, I was very impressed, especially with the Petronas Twin Towers and the others which were not pictured in this photo (KL Tower, Bunga Manga, Ketupat etc).






Camwhoring with Wing Sze.




With Sherly.

Some random (and not to mention, hilarious) photos taken during the night:




Two mad women in their 'failed' attempt to act cute, wahaha! (Think I'll be assasinated if they read this)

And some people (namely Ying) started acting 'strange' under the 'influence of alcohol'......





Poor Kai, bashed by Ying for no reason. *chuckles*




Poor guy, 'wrong person appeared at the wrong place wrong time', wahaha!




So what was going on behind the scene while performances were in progress? Ladies and gentlemen, live from behind the scene, I proudly present Alex and Weichao!




Alex on his walkie talkie. No fair! How come we didn't have it last year?!!




Gentlemen, stop arguing who is more handsome and start working! Chop chop! *evil laughter*

Anyway, remember how last year all ISA committees were so busy that we hardly had the time to eat? Well, it's similar this year as well which was why they ate like there's no tomorrow......




Ben the Treasurer busy devouring his meal.




Weichao the Webmaster mastering the skill in food hunting, wahaha!




Byron the President and Yi Horng the ECO feeding each other, so gay! *pukes*






Byron the food burglar, keterlaluan this president!

So, remember last year's 'original Dalpura 4'?




The original Dalpura 4, 2007 --> Alex, Jason, myself, Ying. Taken during last year's Culture Night.




And we decided to do something similar this year......




One year later, Dalpura 4 of 2007! Gosh, has it already been one year? *emo*




As a result of the above self-proclaimed original Dalpura 4 photo, the subsequent Dalpura 'invaders' also decided to do something similar in defence......




Dalpura invaders (Wing Sze, Weichao, Lex, Eileen)! -__-lll




One big happy family! =)




And then......




Alex: How could you guys take a photo without me?!!

The rest: -___-lll *speechless*

Hence,




One big happy family plus Alex the sexy-tary, wahaha!



So, after attending this year's Culture Night, I reckon I truly embody the 'Malaysian spirit'. Why? Because there're three major races in Malaysia --> Malay, Chinese and Indian. Still don't get the connection? Allow me to take you for a walk down memory lane......



Culture Night 2006, was in a qipao. Taken with Mira, Sumithra and Lidwina, gosh those were the days! Btw, is it me or I actually looked older back in 2006?!! Wtf.



And last year's Culture Night, was in a sari and this year a kebaya.

So,



Qipao + Sari + Kebaya = Chinese + Indian + Malay = Malaysia! >_<



A not too shabby equation eh? LOL



Back to Culture Night, didn't go to the after party though, just wasn't keen, reckon I've already outgrown it, just like how I've outgrown clubbing and facebooking. Speaking of Facebook, stop pestering me to get one myself already (even my boss has been doing that -_-lll)!! I'm just NOT interested, so thanks but no thanks.



So what happened after the event? More camwhoring at Dalpura 4! *sweats*




Me showing off my prowess in translation (Malay-English translation for the song Kau Ilhamku or You're My Inspiration). Wing Sze seemed to be lost in translation though, LOL.



Wing Sze in hiao mode. Hmm, mamasan can use this photo to advertise her, hehe......



Mamasan unleashing her mamasan-ness and exuding mess-with-me-will-kill-you vibe! 0_o



A very high Ying posing with a fan.



Wing Sze the poser! Like mamasan like lui lui. *good girl*



So I was pretty nonchalant during the entire night, reminiscing the good old times we had in the ISA last year. Those wonderful people I worked with are no longer here this year (with all due respect to those from last year who are still around this year), attending the event not as an emcee but a guest this year etc, the memories were just too overwhelming. Time flies isn't it? *emo* I miss ISA 2007! T_T



Anyway, hugs and kisses to dear Wing Sze who helped me with my hair, makeup and even my outfit! This girl is such a gem!



Ending this with one of my favourite photos:


The legendary mamasan of Dalpura! Rather fancy this photo by the way. =)



p.s. Have always been fantasizing being the 'lady in red', finally became one this year, yay! \(*.*)/ Didn't meet any Chris deBurgh though, LOL.

Labels: ,

♥ When you think of happiness, I hope you think of me.
11:00 PM


0 comments

♥ MYSELF ;

    Ammie or Aims.
    From Malaysia, currently in Australia.
    More about myself?
    Read my blog,
    perhaps you'll get an idea.
    Of course,
    that might or might not be the case,
    not promising anything.
    I don't owe you an explanation
    about myself after all.

♥ TagBoard


♥ Thank you

♥ Past

♥ Counters



    eXTReMe Tracker