<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/38365664?origin\x3dhttp://aims-dolcevita.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

24

二十四,dua puluh empat, twenty four. That's exactly how old I am now, twenty freaking four years old!

Anyway, instead of whining how I'm getting older like the previous years, I've decided to take a more positive turn this year. Let's start by how grateful I am for the past 24 glorious years that have been given to me, sure there were some hiccups along the journey but I persevered and they made me stronger. =) I feel blessed and loved, for that I couldn't be more grateful my dear Father.

So it was a memorable 24th, part of the reason was I actually fell sick the day before!! Had a fever and some weird rashes that made me look like a 猪头炳!T_T Fortunately, things subsided and I felt well enough to go to work the next day (plus, I didn't want to be alone at home on my birthday, it's just too tragic).

My wonderful colleagues organised a mini birthday celebration for me, how lovely!


And they gave me the biggest bouquet of flowers that I've ever got! *gasp* Aren't they gorgeous? I must say, as much as I'm not a flower person, I was totally flabbergasted, tell me which girl won't be moved by such a big-ass bouquet of flowers? Thanks Anna for handpicking them, love them!

Also got a an artsy French mug from them which has now become my work mug (sorry, forgot to take a photo of it). Many thanks to Di who chose it whom I was told has an impeccable taste in choosing presents.



This is how the flowers are adorning my room now. Think I'll be heartbroken the day they wither though...... :(

Anyway, thought I share this interesting conversation I had with this new casual staff (J):

J: So it's your 24th huh?
A: Yes, it is indeed.
J: Gosh that's so old, I'm only like 20.
A:...... -__- *speechless*

Poor little boy, he had no idea that he had offended a truckload of people in my department because I'm the youngest one there (apart from him of course). One of these days he'll be sula-ed with a lollipop, wahaha!

Speaking of my department, gosh there're heaps of November babies! Vicki's birthday is 4 days after mine, Cherie's is just round the corner and lots more birthdays are coming up ahead!

Anyway, met up with Weichao at the campus centre after work. So we were walking together until I realised he suddenly glanced at the back that I thought he was up to something. Sure enough, Ying soon appeared from the back and tapped on my shoulder (surprise no more, guaguagua......). So gentlemen, do not ever underestimate a woman's instinct, there's so much we could pick up just from your body language, wahaha!



Went to Glen Waverley for dinner and we had yong tau fu noodle! Gosh it was so delicious and deceivingly filling!



We three gluttons soon headed to Mocha's Joe for a drink and shared a sticky date pudding. The drink was good (I had a bananarama, ingredients: banana, yoghurt, honey, cinnamon) but the pudding was a slight disappointment. Thought it was quite mediocre and something seemed to be missing.

Anyway guys, thanks for making my day. To all MRGS staff, thanks for making my first birthday in MRGS a memorable one; to both Weichao and Ying, thanks for being here to celebrate my birthday with me, Ying I love your cutesy tiramisu cake and Weichao I love the card you chose; and to the Gippslanders and my family and friends back in Malaysia, thanks for the birthday wishes! =)

******

Due to 'popular demand' (which namely comes from Sookie alone but as I seem to have the talent of flattering myself, I'll still stick to 'popular demand', sue me if you want to, wahaha), I'm featuring my Wicked experience here.

So before Wicked, it was lunch first which Cherie and I decided to go Ajisen Ramen at Bourke Street.


And I had my usual seafood deluxe ramen, gosh I'm truly madly deeply in love with it! *drools*

Went straight to Regent Theatre after lunch, which I thought was much swankier and grander than Princess Theatre (where The Phantom of the Opera was held last year).




Very swanky right?

Anyway, I was totally blown away by Wicked, Wicked was so wicked! (Ok, that doesn't sound too punny but who cares?) Everything from the stage, the cast, the elaborate costumes, the songs, the witty lines etc, it was simply IMPRESSIVE! Bravo!

Speaking of witty lines, Galinda (or Glinda) was so hilarious! For example:

G: I don't understand why you keep hopping on the past, why can't you just teach us history?
Doctor Dillamond: ...... *speechless*

So mighty funny! Gosh I'm so amused by her and she sings very well too.

What's sweeter, we got such fantastic seats as well. Unlike last year at The Phantom where we sat at the back rows with a stupid pillar obstructing my view *potong steam* (I still enjoyed The Phantom though, don't get me wrong), with Wicked we sat at the fifth row right in front of the stage, what a view to behold! Hmm, seats do make a hell lot of difference.



And I love it so much that I actually bought a program booklet and a Wicked mug (not shown here, sorry forgot to take a photo of it) as a memento. In fact, I've even decided to start collecting program booklets of all the musicals I go to in the future! =)



I love Wicked! (And I don't care if it actually differs from the book, it's just THAT amazing!) I'm so happy that I'm in Melbourne (it's only showing in Melbourne within Australia).



Went to Yoyogi for dinner and had this... Oh well, can't remember its name but it's yummy! 好一个吃喝玩乐的一天!

******


Nothing, just thought I feature this heavenly strawberry cheesecake from my favourite Greek cafe in Clayton. It is just so cheesilicious! Goes so well with my cup of divine hot chocolate too, hehe.

Labels: , , , ,

♥ When you think of happiness, I hope you think of me.
12:00 AM


2 comments

♥ MYSELF ;

    Ammie or Aims.
    From Malaysia, currently in Australia.
    More about myself?
    Read my blog,
    perhaps you'll get an idea.
    Of course,
    that might or might not be the case,
    not promising anything.
    I don't owe you an explanation
    about myself after all.

♥ TagBoard


♥ Thank you

♥ Past

♥ Counters



    eXTReMe Tracker