Sunday, December 21, 2008
Another busy weekend
Indeed it was.
So it started out with me getting a haircut in Glen Waverley on Saturday morning. Had a very delightful conversation with Eric the Korean hairdresser and it suddenly occured to me that shy guys are in fact rather intriguing, hehe (obviously I'm not planning to kao him, I was merely expressing my opinion).
Later in the evening, had a wonderful choir dinner gathering. Good food, good company, what more could you ask for? I'm so glad that I went. =) And oh, also met Joe who is as passionate about food as I am. Isn't it invigorating when you meet someone who shares a similar interest?
With the girls. =)
Kareen and Ida.
Everyone dig in! ^^
Care to know what we had for dinner?
Lollies contributed by Ida.
Hmm, don't know the name for this one but it's absolutely delicious! Love it! I kept 'coercing' everyone to eat it, hehe. Contributed by Ida btw.
Gado-gado accompanied with an ultra delectable sauce. Also contributed by Ida.
Fried rice, contributed by Ida. Wait a minute, why did Ida prepare so much food?!! Gosh, simply impressive.
Another pot of fried rice, by Elizabeth.

Pizzas contributed by Kareen and Daniel.
Molly's sweet potato kuih, reminds me so much of home. ^_^ Btw, Molly also cooked curried chicken but I forgot to take a photo of it.
And last but not least,
chocolate almond fudge by none other than yours truly!! And it's not just any other chocolate fudge, it's THE Nigella chocolate fudge! A very typical Nigella recipe, express and no hassle (only took me around 15 minutes to get everything done and the fridge did the rest of the job), most significantly, fabulous end result!
I'm so making this again for the Christmas' Eve dinner! Btw the original recipe was supposed to be chocolate pistachio fudge, but given I coudn't find pistachios (how bizarre, all I could find was salted pistachios), substituted it with slivered almonds. Oh well, almonds probably taste better than pistachios anyway, haha. And yes, this recipe was taken from the Nigella Express you guys gave me for my birthday. =)
Did some last minute Christmas shopping today (Sunday) because I suddenly realised there were still a village of people whom I hadn't bought gifts for yet! Gosh, almost drove me to a panic attack, haha. Ok, was exaggerating, of course I didn't have a panic attack.
Anyway, as usual, had lunch first before the shopping.
My assorted sashimi bento set. Gosh, even blogging about it now makes me feel hungry! Btw, forgot to take a photo of Audrey's assorted tempura bento set. -__-
So as I mentioned in my previous post, Christmas shopping is one tedious affair. But I'm so relieved that the hard part has been taken care of and it has now proceeded to my favourite part --> gift wrapping! Gosh how I adore wrapping pressies, just makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. =) Will wrap them later after I'm finished with this post!
Now, I know I've said this before but just thought I reiterate my sentiment, *pauses*, I'M SO EXCITED ABOUT CHRISTMAS!
And what's sweeter, boss kindly decided to give us a day off on Tuesday in recognition of our hard work so the last work day before the Christmas break is tomorrow!
Honestly, I'm very grateful for everything and for that, I thank you Lord. =)
p.s. Got a phone call from mum today while I was in the midst of shopping, my dearest uncle is hospitalised! Almost drove me to a panic attack (and this time, I'm not exaggerating). Fortunately, he's feeling much better now, phew! Oh dear Lord, I pray for his health and please bless his good soul.
Indeed it was.
So it started out with me getting a haircut in Glen Waverley on Saturday morning. Had a very delightful conversation with Eric the Korean hairdresser and it suddenly occured to me that shy guys are in fact rather intriguing, hehe (obviously I'm not planning to kao him, I was merely expressing my opinion).
Later in the evening, had a wonderful choir dinner gathering. Good food, good company, what more could you ask for? I'm so glad that I went. =) And oh, also met Joe who is as passionate about food as I am. Isn't it invigorating when you meet someone who shares a similar interest?
With the girls. =)
Kareen and Ida.
Everyone dig in! ^^
Care to know what we had for dinner?
Lollies contributed by Ida.
Hmm, don't know the name for this one but it's absolutely delicious! Love it! I kept 'coercing' everyone to eat it, hehe. Contributed by Ida btw.
Gado-gado accompanied with an ultra delectable sauce. Also contributed by Ida.
Fried rice, contributed by Ida. Wait a minute, why did Ida prepare so much food?!! Gosh, simply impressive.
Another pot of fried rice, by Elizabeth.
Pizzas contributed by Kareen and Daniel.
Molly's sweet potato kuih, reminds me so much of home. ^_^ Btw, Molly also cooked curried chicken but I forgot to take a photo of it.And last but not least,
chocolate almond fudge by none other than yours truly!! And it's not just any other chocolate fudge, it's THE Nigella chocolate fudge! A very typical Nigella recipe, express and no hassle (only took me around 15 minutes to get everything done and the fridge did the rest of the job), most significantly, fabulous end result!I'm so making this again for the Christmas' Eve dinner! Btw the original recipe was supposed to be chocolate pistachio fudge, but given I coudn't find pistachios (how bizarre, all I could find was salted pistachios), substituted it with slivered almonds. Oh well, almonds probably taste better than pistachios anyway, haha. And yes, this recipe was taken from the Nigella Express you guys gave me for my birthday. =)
Did some last minute Christmas shopping today (Sunday) because I suddenly realised there were still a village of people whom I hadn't bought gifts for yet! Gosh, almost drove me to a panic attack, haha. Ok, was exaggerating, of course I didn't have a panic attack.
Anyway, as usual, had lunch first before the shopping.
My assorted sashimi bento set. Gosh, even blogging about it now makes me feel hungry! Btw, forgot to take a photo of Audrey's assorted tempura bento set. -__-So as I mentioned in my previous post, Christmas shopping is one tedious affair. But I'm so relieved that the hard part has been taken care of and it has now proceeded to my favourite part --> gift wrapping! Gosh how I adore wrapping pressies, just makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. =) Will wrap them later after I'm finished with this post!
Now, I know I've said this before but just thought I reiterate my sentiment, *pauses*, I'M SO EXCITED ABOUT CHRISTMAS!
And what's sweeter, boss kindly decided to give us a day off on Tuesday in recognition of our hard work so the last work day before the Christmas break is tomorrow!
Honestly, I'm very grateful for everything and for that, I thank you Lord. =)
p.s. Got a phone call from mum today while I was in the midst of shopping, my dearest uncle is hospitalised! Almost drove me to a panic attack (and this time, I'm not exaggerating). Fortunately, he's feeling much better now, phew! Oh dear Lord, I pray for his health and please bless his good soul.
♥ When you think of happiness, I hope you think of me.
8:33 PM
0 comments
8:33 PM