Wednesday, January 07, 2009
Food review,
a backdated one though (in fact, this was before Christmas).
Chilli Padi
So Jon was returning to Malaysia for good, caught up with him and Ying for dinner at Chilli Padi in Melbourne Central (his recommendation btw).
My nasi goreng istimewa. Tell you something funny, I ordered this mainly because I was 'lured' by the word istimewa (oh, for those who don't know, istimewa means special). I know, very shallow right? Hehe.
But honestly, I was very pleased with it. Particularly love how the acah accentuates the whole dish and speaking of acah, it's been AGES since I had it (damn I'm suddenly homesick now)! Besides that, the ikan bilis (anchovies) and satay skewer were excellent!
I'm glad I fell into the 'istimewa trap', wahaha!
Ying's prawn noodle. According to Ying, it's slightly disappointing especially the prawns, not fresh at all! So Ying, is Wahkee's prawn noodle better?
Jon's Pad Thai and he was not impressed. According to him, the seafood was not fresh.



So we came up with one conclusion, don't ever order anything with seafood in Chilli Padi. Mine happened to be seafood free, which probably explained why I enjoyed my food immensely without any complaints.
And that reminds me, I still owe Jon these photos, hehe.
Sofia
Had lunch with Cherie at Sofia in Burwood the other day (think it was the day before Christmas' Eve).
Have always wanted to go to Sofia, not only because I'm a fan of Italian food but I've also heard of so many good reviews about it. Seriously, word-of-mouth absolutely works!
Cherie's happy with her Christmas pressie, hehe.
Bowl of chips, mainly because Cherie was craving chips.
A jug of lemon lime bitters. I absolutely adore lemon lime bitters! Don't ask me why.
Special supreme pizza (reckon that's what it's called, can't really remember), totally love its generous topping!
Avocado pasta (simply adore avocado). One word suffices to describe it - eccellente! I was enthralled.
So Sofia is known for serving huge portions and gosh it's HUMONGOUS! Both Cherie and I shared the food and they're all 'small' mind you, yet we couldn't even finish them! 0_0
My advice, bring at least one guy who has a healthy appetite along with you when you go to Sofia, would definitely come in handy, hehe.
******
Had a girls-only dinner at Wahkee earlier (with Weiwei, Ellen, Mel and Ying) and headed to my favourite Greek cafe for a drink after that. It was fun, all the girl talk, should do that more often! =)
a backdated one though (in fact, this was before Christmas).
Chilli Padi
So Jon was returning to Malaysia for good, caught up with him and Ying for dinner at Chilli Padi in Melbourne Central (his recommendation btw).
My nasi goreng istimewa. Tell you something funny, I ordered this mainly because I was 'lured' by the word istimewa (oh, for those who don't know, istimewa means special). I know, very shallow right? Hehe.But honestly, I was very pleased with it. Particularly love how the acah accentuates the whole dish and speaking of acah, it's been AGES since I had it (damn I'm suddenly homesick now)! Besides that, the ikan bilis (anchovies) and satay skewer were excellent!
I'm glad I fell into the 'istimewa trap', wahaha!
Ying's prawn noodle. According to Ying, it's slightly disappointing especially the prawns, not fresh at all! So Ying, is Wahkee's prawn noodle better?
Jon's Pad Thai and he was not impressed. According to him, the seafood was not fresh.


So we came up with one conclusion, don't ever order anything with seafood in Chilli Padi. Mine happened to be seafood free, which probably explained why I enjoyed my food immensely without any complaints.
And that reminds me, I still owe Jon these photos, hehe.
Sofia
Had lunch with Cherie at Sofia in Burwood the other day (think it was the day before Christmas' Eve).
Have always wanted to go to Sofia, not only because I'm a fan of Italian food but I've also heard of so many good reviews about it. Seriously, word-of-mouth absolutely works!
Cherie's happy with her Christmas pressie, hehe.
Bowl of chips, mainly because Cherie was craving chips.
A jug of lemon lime bitters. I absolutely adore lemon lime bitters! Don't ask me why.
Special supreme pizza (reckon that's what it's called, can't really remember), totally love its generous topping!
Avocado pasta (simply adore avocado). One word suffices to describe it - eccellente! I was enthralled.So Sofia is known for serving huge portions and gosh it's HUMONGOUS! Both Cherie and I shared the food and they're all 'small' mind you, yet we couldn't even finish them! 0_0
My advice, bring at least one guy who has a healthy appetite along with you when you go to Sofia, would definitely come in handy, hehe.
******
Had a girls-only dinner at Wahkee earlier (with Weiwei, Ellen, Mel and Ying) and headed to my favourite Greek cafe for a drink after that. It was fun, all the girl talk, should do that more often! =)
Labels: food
♥ When you think of happiness, I hope you think of me.
9:31 PM
0 comments
9:31 PM