<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/38365664?origin\x3dhttp://aims-dolcevita.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Friday, January 02, 2009

In a nutshell,

Disclaimer: Truckload of photos ahead in my clumsy attempt to inject my blog with a shot of subtle happiness after it was invaded by an avalanche of sorrow and solemnity that was unleashed by my previous post. (Then again, you would have been oblivious to such sentiment if you can't read Chinese.)

this is what I've been doing since Christmas.

Christmas' Eve

Dinner at Mel & Yong's.

Pretty Christmas tree engulfed in a sea of presents.


Jason and Wangwei started attacking each other for no reason. Oh well, boys will be boys.


Don't recall eating this, how bizarre. Hmm, I must have been 'brainwashed' by the lazybug in me - too lazy to peel the shell. Haha.


Love the fried bee hoon, so yummy!


Eileen's delicious cookies, so good you can't stop eating!


Featuring the second time on this blog, my Nigella chocolate fudge! This time around, I used almonds and pine nuts.


Mel cheerfully transferring the fish fingers onto the plate.


Yong the chef carving the turkey, I think.




Tell you something very funny, the boys were already in position even before we thought of taking photos of them, they were actually waiting for us to do that! -___-lll Anyway, Jasper is so cute!


On a random note, don't you think I looked kinda pregnant in this dress? How far along do you think I looked like? 4 months maybe? Haha, funny because Ying just said the other day that I could be a potential baby snatcher. Hmm, perhaps it can be used as a maternity dress in future, hehe.



The Dalpurians! Ok, three of us may no longer live in Dalpura but hey, 'once a Dalpurian, always a Dalpurian'. =)


I insist this is an excellent shot of Miss Yingyi Li, don't argue with me! ^_^


Aunty Lily, amazed by the boys' impatience to open their pressies, hehe.


Got this from the Kris Kringle.


And this from Aunty Lily. So pink, so me. =)



Guess who gave us these cute big-headed koalas?


None other than Ying, thanks babe! Btw, the bracelet I was wearing was given by Aunty Lily. =)


Christmas

Lunch at St Peter's Catholic Church.


With the jovial George.


Everyone, meet Clarence from Sabah. It was a pleasant surprise to run into him in church after the Christmas mass. So how did I know him? Well, he has just commenced his PhD and I processed his enrollment, what a small world.


Also invited Audrey over for the lunch, thanks for coming babe!


Love the table setting.



What an adorable Santa!





Now, don't you just adore these cute little cupcakes? Such wonderful Christmas spirit! Almost shattered my heart into pieces to have to eat it, hehe.

Boxing Day

Did some shopping with the girls, didn't shop too much, wasn't really in the mood especially after what happened earlier in the morning at home (in Malaysia) and the mad shopping crowd (particularly in Myer) totally put me off. So really, nothing too interesting about the shopping.

Although having said that, we did have an interesting lunch. So we went to this Japanese restaurant at Exhibition St only to find out that it was closed and you want to know the funny part? This was actually my second time and Audrey's third time going there only to realise it wasn't opened! What lazy buggers, haha.

Anyway, settled for the nearby Ajisen Ramen which was absolutely tantalizing!

Ying's pork tenderloin ramen.


Audrey's beef ramen.


Mira's salmon bento set.


And the woman was very pleased, hehe.


My vegetarian omurice. For once, I ordered something other than my favourite seafood deluxe ramen, good on me!


So good it totally lifted my spirit. =)


27 Dec 2008

Had a buffet lunch at Cuckoo in the Dandenong Ranges with Mel, Yong and Aunty Lily.


Love the interior.


And most significantly, love the food! Btw, this is one of the few shots I took of the food, was too busy eating the rest of the time, hehe.


Was so glad that I went. Apart from the food, the picturesque view in the ranges totally cheered me up, thanks for asking me to come along Mel! =)


Isn't this pretty?


Miss Marples, mark my words, one of these days I'm so going to try your renowned scones! (What's with the vendetta tone anyway? Hehe.)

28 Dec 2008

Went to Brunetti (Lygon St) with Ying after sending off Aunty Lily at the airport.

My flourless orange walnut cake. Very delectable.


Ying's err, cream puff or something along that line, hehe.


Ying with her Christmas tiara (yes I know it's not a tiara but I love calling it that :p).


My turn. Ok, I know I looked stupid, just shut up! Haha.


30 Dec 2008

Outing in Frankston, Lex's brilliant idea. Love going to beaches, somehow it just instills a sense of peace in me. =)


Lex, this is a good shot. Hmm, wonder who the talented photographer was? Hehe.


You can tell it was a very windy day from our hair.


Ying caught in the act doing an Ah Beng pose, wahaha!



Love this shot.


Anyway, this was the main reason we went to Frankston - Australian Sand Sculpting and the theme was dinosaurs. Pretty impressive.







This one is absolutely impressive!


Check this out, 'Its brain was about the size of a walnut'. A walnut?!! Poor creature, a very developed body with an underdeveloped brain (四肢发达,头脑简单).



One of the MANY silly shots of Lex, hehe.



While Ying the photographer was busy taking a photo of Audrey, check out what's going behind the scene.


The three stooges with the dinosaurs.




Ok let's do a little contest, who had the most creative pose with the T-rex?

Contestant 1: Yingyi Li


Contestant 2: Audrey Rubianto


Contestant 3: Ammie Julai


Contestant 4: Leong Ee Xiang (Lex)

So, who's the winner? I promise I won't sula you if you nominate me, hehe.



Absolutely love this shot! Courtesy of Lex the photographer.

So everyone knows my sentiment towards Korean food (if you didn't know now you know) - I only eat Korean food once in a bluemoon. I reckon there must be a bluemoon on that day because I actually didn't mind having Korean food! 0_0


Side dishes, the egg roll was my favourite.


Lex with his spicy calamari stone pot rice.


Mine (can't remember what it's called).


Korean dumplings, thought it's better than the usual Chinese dumplings.


Ying and I had the same food.

Later that night, Ying went slightly crazy, must be an overdose of Korean food, hehe.

Ying, what are you doing with the koala?


*speechless* -__-lll


New Year's Eve

Lunch with Ying at Mocha's Joe in Glen Waverley.


My seashells linguine, thumbs up! Light yet filling.


Ying's chicken wrap. What unique presentation, isn't that basket of chips cute?


Later, had NYE dinner with Audrey at the famous Waterfront in Crown Casino.


The restaurant was absolutely crowded! We had to wait for at least half an hour before getting a table.


Audrey's salmon.


My tuna steak, nicely done and deceivingly filling.



So it was a mixed feeling watching the fireworks. Time to say goodbye to 2008 yet part of me was reluctant to let go. Perhaps it also meant saying goodbye to my dear uncle, something I wasn't prepared for and I was totally caught off guard by his passing.

Yet, life goes on and I shall learn to move on. So farewell 2008, here I come 2009!

Anyway, guess who we met? A dear friend I haven't seen in ages!

Lidwina! Haven't seen her since she left Gippy. Glad to know she's doing well now. =)


Isn't it amazing how time seems to slip and how things change over time? Lidwina was the first person I met when I first arrived at Gippy years ago. Now, years later, I'm working in Melbourne and she's pursuing her hospitality course in Sydney. Gosh, saying this makes me feel so old!


New Year - 1 Jan 2009

Had lunch with Audrey at TGI Friday in South Yarra en route to my place.


Love the interior.


So vintage.


How quaint. Hey Audrey, let's go there again one of these days. =)


My English Breakfast. Love how it was assembled.


My mouth-watering TGI club sandwich.

******

So I've been busy going out and shuffling between different sleepovers. At least I wasn't alone. My deepest appreciation to all my dear friends who have been so supportive through words and gestures during this difficult time. Although it will take me a while to overcome the loss of my dear uncle, having such wonderful friends will definitely help me pull through. Truly I'm blessed.

Once again, thanks to all of you and best wishes for 2009. May this year be one that is filled with joy and happiness for you. =)

Labels: ,

♥ When you think of happiness, I hope you think of me.
9:26 PM


5 comments

♥ MYSELF ;

    Ammie or Aims.
    From Malaysia, currently in Australia.
    More about myself?
    Read my blog,
    perhaps you'll get an idea.
    Of course,
    that might or might not be the case,
    not promising anything.
    I don't owe you an explanation
    about myself after all.

♥ TagBoard


♥ Thank you

♥ Past

♥ Counters



    eXTReMe Tracker