<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://draft.blogger.com/navbar/38365664?origin\x3dhttp://aims-dolcevita.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Sunday, June 07, 2009

Ben's birthday,

seemed to be this weekend's theme.

So picked up a cake from Breadtop straight after work, thanks Cherie for chauffeuring me around! The cake was meant to be a surprise for the birthday boy by the way and silly me kept the cake in the fridge without even considering the possibility of Ben spotting it when he came back later.

Fortunately, luck was on my side, Ben didn't even notice it because he was busy playing games. That was a close one!

Went to Ocean King at Glen Waverley later for the birthday dinner. We both love the restaurant (partly due to the free dessert, haha), so thought that would be THE place for the birthday dinner.


Camwhoring while waiting for Lip Kai and Cat to come.


The boys.


Mamasan and the boys. =)


The birthday cake - blackforest gateau. Very appeasing and also, much to my delightful surprise, it was unbelievably light. Perfect after a full meal. By the way, love the sparkling candles!





Mother and son.


Happy us! =)


So it was a wonderful night, thanks for coming everyone and hope you had a marvellous birthday Ben.

By the way, my official 'Approved by Ammie Julai' stamp on Ocean King. Not only was food served promptly (the food was of course undoubtedly delectable) but I was amazed by their impeccable customer service.

Let me quote an example, remember the cake? They kept it for me in their fridge prior to the dinner and as we were having dessert, the cake was presented by a waitress to Ben, without having my asking them to do so. Very 醒目! And what's sweeter, the waitress also kindly cut the cake and served each slice on plates for us! Honestly, wasn't expecting her to do so.

So how could I not grant them my 'royal' seal? I simply had to, hehe. But seriously, I highly recommend Ocean King, you wouldn't be disappointed!

******

An extended birthday celebration for Ben the next day.

Went to Ying Thai at Lygon Street for lunch. To my dismay, it just wasn't as good as it used to be. Oh well, guess I would be rather reluctant to go there again in the near future.


Birthday boy with the boys.


Birthday boy with the girls.


So it was another wonderful day and shall I also say, fruitful? Started shopping for the family and by the end of the day it concluded with my enjoying the latest gadget I acquired, absoulutely loving it! =)

Oh, finally saw Star Trek. Frankly, I enjoyed the movie despite my rather limited knowledge of the series, thought it was excellent. Adore Chris Pine who played James T. Kirk, like how he's not one of those typical blonde pretty boys. Yes, think I have long established the fact that pretty boys are not my cup of tea, hehe.


Labels: ,

♥ When you think of happiness, I hope you think of me.
9:34 PM


0 comments

♥ MYSELF ;

    Ammie or Aims.
    From Malaysia, currently in Australia.
    More about myself?
    Read my blog,
    perhaps you'll get an idea.
    Of course,
    that might or might not be the case,
    not promising anything.
    I don't owe you an explanation
    about myself after all.

♥ TagBoard


♥ Thank you

♥ Past

♥ Counters



    eXTReMe Tracker