Tuesday, July 07, 2009
Return to Origins
So was transferring contacts to the Blackberry the other night,
until your name appeared.
For a moment, time stood still.
How ironic,
it almost seems to imply the same meaning as the other contacts.
That, you are only a call away.
Almost as if you never left.
Yet, in reality, it is anything but that.
It is a number that will never a elicit an anticipated response from the other end,
at least not from you.
A name that I will never be able to call out to.
Pause.
Wow, that is mind blowing.
How long has it been since then?
I subconsciously did not want to keep track of time.
Perhaps it means you are getting further and further away from me,
that you will eventually become a hauntingly distant memory.
I am not good at this stuff after all.
Guess I never truly come to terms with it,
I never fully grasp the idea.
At least, Nat King Cole seems to succeed in providing me with solace.
Perhaps through him I am able to catch a glimpse of you.
So in this impending return to origins,
it is both exciting and perhaps ever so slightly doleful.
Finally, after all these years,
I am returning to the land where everything started,
where your presence was ever so ubiquitous during my younger and reckless days.
I am now returning to the land where your inevitable absence is ever so prevalent amidst everything I hold dear to.
阿姨曾经说过,来不及等到我回来,是您没福气。
其实,没福气的应该是我。
我们终究缘铿一面。
遗憾啊。
I shall pay my overdue last respect to you on my return.
Remember 'Pretend'?
For you, I shall be stronger.
So was transferring contacts to the Blackberry the other night,
until your name appeared.
For a moment, time stood still.
How ironic,
it almost seems to imply the same meaning as the other contacts.
That, you are only a call away.
Almost as if you never left.
Yet, in reality, it is anything but that.
It is a number that will never a elicit an anticipated response from the other end,
at least not from you.
A name that I will never be able to call out to.
Pause.
Wow, that is mind blowing.
How long has it been since then?
I subconsciously did not want to keep track of time.
Perhaps it means you are getting further and further away from me,
that you will eventually become a hauntingly distant memory.
I am not good at this stuff after all.
Guess I never truly come to terms with it,
I never fully grasp the idea.
At least, Nat King Cole seems to succeed in providing me with solace.
Perhaps through him I am able to catch a glimpse of you.
So in this impending return to origins,
it is both exciting and perhaps ever so slightly doleful.
Finally, after all these years,
I am returning to the land where everything started,
where your presence was ever so ubiquitous during my younger and reckless days.
I am now returning to the land where your inevitable absence is ever so prevalent amidst everything I hold dear to.
阿姨曾经说过,来不及等到我回来,是您没福气。
其实,没福气的应该是我。
我们终究缘铿一面。
遗憾啊。
I shall pay my overdue last respect to you on my return.
Remember 'Pretend'?
For you, I shall be stronger.
♥ When you think of happiness, I hope you think of me.
6:59 PM
1 comments
6:59 PM