Monday, October 19, 2009
Happening weekend
Went to my aunt's place on Saturday for a Deepavali party. I'm glad I went because I had so much fun making new friends and the food was splendid as usual.
Alas, I didn't take any photos because the presence of another fancy SLR belonged to a journalist was slightly intimidating. After all, a canggih SLR easily kicks a conventional camera's ass off anytime, let alone a professional journalist's SLR, hehe.
Just kidding, that's not the reason of course. Firstly, it'd be awkward going around to take photos when you don't know half the people there. Don't you reckon? Maybe it's just me. Secondly, I was too busy chatting with my new friends most of the time!
Speaking of the journalist, he stole a lot of my photos! How did I find out? Because he showed me. Damn, I've been paparazzi-ed!
On Sunday, went to Fui Yin and Sang Yee's first wedding anniversary party. Gosh! I remember them getting married this time last year and it's one year already! Honestly, I can't help but to be marvelled by how time seems to slip away so fast sometimes. By the way, this cake was heavenly!
Very pretty cupcakes, a piece of art in its own right.
Sago dessert, courtesy of May.
Drizzled with some coconut milk and gula melaka, simply irresistible!
The cake-cutting ceremony officiated by the lovey dovey husband and wife duo.
Our presents for Fui Yin and Sang Yee. So what did we give them?
Apparently, it was quite difficult to get the present out of the box. Fui Yin gave up eventually and the uber important task fell on May and Andrew.
Another cute husband and wife duo, isn't this shot funny?
Tadah! After much effort from May and Andrew, the present finally emerged from the box. This is an ornamental candle thingy, as told by May (she picked the present).
The fun-loving bunch of colleagues! =)
So it was a busy weekend, mainly socialising and networking but I wasn't too exhausted. On the contrary, I absolutely enjoyed it!
On a random note, don't you reckon lodging your tax return drives you insane sometimes? Was planning to lodge mine after getting my private health insurance statement until I realised I had to get another certificate from Medicare! There we go again... Now I understand why some people hire tax agents to do their tax. -___-
Went to my aunt's place on Saturday for a Deepavali party. I'm glad I went because I had so much fun making new friends and the food was splendid as usual.
Alas, I didn't take any photos because the presence of another fancy SLR belonged to a journalist was slightly intimidating. After all, a canggih SLR easily kicks a conventional camera's ass off anytime, let alone a professional journalist's SLR, hehe.
Just kidding, that's not the reason of course. Firstly, it'd be awkward going around to take photos when you don't know half the people there. Don't you reckon? Maybe it's just me. Secondly, I was too busy chatting with my new friends most of the time!
Speaking of the journalist, he stole a lot of my photos! How did I find out? Because he showed me. Damn, I've been paparazzi-ed!
On Sunday, went to Fui Yin and Sang Yee's first wedding anniversary party. Gosh! I remember them getting married this time last year and it's one year already! Honestly, I can't help but to be marvelled by how time seems to slip away so fast sometimes. By the way, this cake was heavenly!
Very pretty cupcakes, a piece of art in its own right.
Sago dessert, courtesy of May.
Drizzled with some coconut milk and gula melaka, simply irresistible!
The cake-cutting ceremony officiated by the lovey dovey husband and wife duo.
Our presents for Fui Yin and Sang Yee. So what did we give them?
Apparently, it was quite difficult to get the present out of the box. Fui Yin gave up eventually and the uber important task fell on May and Andrew.
Another cute husband and wife duo, isn't this shot funny?
Tadah! After much effort from May and Andrew, the present finally emerged from the box. This is an ornamental candle thingy, as told by May (she picked the present).
The fun-loving bunch of colleagues! =)So it was a busy weekend, mainly socialising and networking but I wasn't too exhausted. On the contrary, I absolutely enjoyed it!
On a random note, don't you reckon lodging your tax return drives you insane sometimes? Was planning to lodge mine after getting my private health insurance statement until I realised I had to get another certificate from Medicare! There we go again... Now I understand why some people hire tax agents to do their tax. -___-
Labels: fun time, special occasions
♥ When you think of happiness, I hope you think of me.
5:01 PM
0 comments
5:01 PM