Saturday, November 14, 2009
This is slightly overdue
But hey, better late than never right? It's only been a week after all.
So after being showered upon numerous wishes almost as soon as I stepped into the office and receiving a lovely little trinket from the team during the meeting, I had my weekly training at the other unit as usual.
Until Chris (my manager) suddenly barged in and said "Madam, your attendance is required over the other side."
When your boss suddenly says something along that line, you'd instinctively think you're in big trouble. So I thought "Shit! What did I do (or not do)?".
And I was welcomed to this... I was instantly flabbergasted.
Chris had organised a surprise afternoon tea for me! By the way, the lovely lady standing at the far left is Chris. =)
Honestly, the wishes and gift were within my expectation but THIS was absolutely beyond my expectation!
So tell me, how could I not be moved? T_T
One asked me why I didn't take a day off in conjunction with this special day. Firstly, it fell on a weekday so most of my friends would be working and I would end up spending this day alone anyway. How forlorn that would be.
Secondly, if I had taken a day off, I would have missed out on this! (Of course, given that I wasn't expecting this little surprise, I only thought of this reason after the afternoon tea.)
God has been very kind to me for blessing me with such wonderful colleagues and for that I couldn't be more grateful. It's been such an honour and pleasure to work with all of you my dear friends!
Later in the evening after work, went to Moretti Cafe at Glen Waverley with Cherie.
My marinara spaghetti, simply to die for!
Cherie's chicken parmigiana. As most of you may know, I detest chicken breast but this turned out to be a pleasant surprise! Not only was this butterflied chicken breast tasted excellent but it was also very tender (most I tried before were tough which formed my hostility towards chicken breast). The layer of ham on top of the chicken definitely helped to lock the moisture within the meat. Bellissimo!
As for dessert, pistachio cake! Isn't it pretty? =)
Courtesy of the wonderful colleagues. Chris actually brought her teenage daughter along with her to pick the necklace and bangles!
********
So the special occasion was somehow extended to a very busy weekend. Had the ultimate tai tai life on Saturday! How tai tai? Let me recap.
It started with a very relaxing massage session (need I say more?). Caught up with Michelle after that, we both went to our favourite Korean hairdressers for a haircut and then followed by lunch. Did a little bit of shopping after that and then spoiled ourselves with a manicure session!
*smugly* That's what I call tai tai!
Caught up with Wing Sze and Alex in the city later in the evening for dinner. They both came all the way from Gippy, thanks guys!
Went to Max Brenner later for dessert.
Think Wing Sze looks very pretty in this shot. ^_^
And here comes another blow of pleasant surprise! I certainly wasn't expecting any of these. A big THANK YOU to Wing Sze, Alex and Eileen. Hey Eileen, the red somehow went very well with my outfit, I was in red too, what a coincidence! *great minds think alike* =)
And this is what I got from Wing Sze and Alex...
a Dior makeup palette! My jaw literally dropped as soon as I saw it. O_O Not because it was Dior but because of the following reason.
So I told Wing Sze sometime ago that I was contemplating to get something (forgot what it was I wanted to get) from Christian Dior as a passing remark. I swear, it was only meant to be a passing comment and not a hint! And yet she remembered. 这可谓知我者莫董颖诗也! =)
An interesting note, I ended up at Tullamarine Airport later that night. So Alex was going to give me a lift home but he had to pick up his aunt from the airport prior to that, so I tagged along. Think she actually thought we were seeing each other! 0_o
*********
On Sunday (probably the hottest Sunday after winter), caught up with Mel, Yong and Audrey for lunch after church.
Went to TGI Friday at Chapel St. This is Mel's salad by the way.
Yong's chicken wings.
My chicken and shrimp pasta.
That reminds me, forgot to take a shot of Audrey's Jack Daniel burger.
So just as Yong was about to dig in his food, he was asked to take this shot for us. You should see how grumpy he looked, the poor guy was starving!
Seconds later, he was a happy man having devoured his anticipated meal! Hehe.
**********
So, quarter of a century, it came and went.
No extravagance, no parties. Yet I was very happy because I was surrounded by people whom I care for. Not to mention all the lovely wishes I received from my beloved family and friends in Malaysia. So this goes out to all of you for making it such a memorable moment for me, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!
And God, thank You for all the amazing blessings You've given me and thank You for loving me for the person that I am. I pray for Your mercy and that I will always be able to honour Your glory.
p.s. I just realised I haven't made a wish yet. Think I know what I'll wish for, hehe. Wish me luck!
But hey, better late than never right? It's only been a week after all.
So after being showered upon numerous wishes almost as soon as I stepped into the office and receiving a lovely little trinket from the team during the meeting, I had my weekly training at the other unit as usual.
Until Chris (my manager) suddenly barged in and said "Madam, your attendance is required over the other side."
When your boss suddenly says something along that line, you'd instinctively think you're in big trouble. So I thought "Shit! What did I do (or not do)?".
And I was welcomed to this... I was instantly flabbergasted.
Chris had organised a surprise afternoon tea for me! By the way, the lovely lady standing at the far left is Chris. =)
Honestly, the wishes and gift were within my expectation but THIS was absolutely beyond my expectation!
So tell me, how could I not be moved? T_T
One asked me why I didn't take a day off in conjunction with this special day. Firstly, it fell on a weekday so most of my friends would be working and I would end up spending this day alone anyway. How forlorn that would be.
Secondly, if I had taken a day off, I would have missed out on this! (Of course, given that I wasn't expecting this little surprise, I only thought of this reason after the afternoon tea.)
God has been very kind to me for blessing me with such wonderful colleagues and for that I couldn't be more grateful. It's been such an honour and pleasure to work with all of you my dear friends!
Later in the evening after work, went to Moretti Cafe at Glen Waverley with Cherie.
My marinara spaghetti, simply to die for!
Cherie's chicken parmigiana. As most of you may know, I detest chicken breast but this turned out to be a pleasant surprise! Not only was this butterflied chicken breast tasted excellent but it was also very tender (most I tried before were tough which formed my hostility towards chicken breast). The layer of ham on top of the chicken definitely helped to lock the moisture within the meat. Bellissimo!
As for dessert, pistachio cake! Isn't it pretty? =)
Courtesy of the wonderful colleagues. Chris actually brought her teenage daughter along with her to pick the necklace and bangles!********
So the special occasion was somehow extended to a very busy weekend. Had the ultimate tai tai life on Saturday! How tai tai? Let me recap.
It started with a very relaxing massage session (need I say more?). Caught up with Michelle after that, we both went to our favourite Korean hairdressers for a haircut and then followed by lunch. Did a little bit of shopping after that and then spoiled ourselves with a manicure session!
*smugly* That's what I call tai tai!
Caught up with Wing Sze and Alex in the city later in the evening for dinner. They both came all the way from Gippy, thanks guys!
Went to Max Brenner later for dessert.
Think Wing Sze looks very pretty in this shot. ^_^
And here comes another blow of pleasant surprise! I certainly wasn't expecting any of these. A big THANK YOU to Wing Sze, Alex and Eileen. Hey Eileen, the red somehow went very well with my outfit, I was in red too, what a coincidence! *great minds think alike* =)
And this is what I got from Wing Sze and Alex...
a Dior makeup palette! My jaw literally dropped as soon as I saw it. O_O Not because it was Dior but because of the following reason.
So I told Wing Sze sometime ago that I was contemplating to get something (forgot what it was I wanted to get) from Christian Dior as a passing remark. I swear, it was only meant to be a passing comment and not a hint! And yet she remembered. 这可谓知我者莫董颖诗也! =)An interesting note, I ended up at Tullamarine Airport later that night. So Alex was going to give me a lift home but he had to pick up his aunt from the airport prior to that, so I tagged along. Think she actually thought we were seeing each other! 0_o
*********
On Sunday (probably the hottest Sunday after winter), caught up with Mel, Yong and Audrey for lunch after church.
Went to TGI Friday at Chapel St. This is Mel's salad by the way.
Yong's chicken wings.
My chicken and shrimp pasta.
That reminds me, forgot to take a shot of Audrey's Jack Daniel burger.
So just as Yong was about to dig in his food, he was asked to take this shot for us. You should see how grumpy he looked, the poor guy was starving!
Seconds later, he was a happy man having devoured his anticipated meal! Hehe.**********
So, quarter of a century, it came and went.
No extravagance, no parties. Yet I was very happy because I was surrounded by people whom I care for. Not to mention all the lovely wishes I received from my beloved family and friends in Malaysia. So this goes out to all of you for making it such a memorable moment for me, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!
And God, thank You for all the amazing blessings You've given me and thank You for loving me for the person that I am. I pray for Your mercy and that I will always be able to honour Your glory.
p.s. I just realised I haven't made a wish yet. Think I know what I'll wish for, hehe. Wish me luck!
Labels: special moments, special occasions
♥ When you think of happiness, I hope you think of me.
2:38 PM
1 comments
2:38 PM