<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/38365664?origin\x3dhttp://aims-dolcevita.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Saturday, November 03, 2007

Update (4 Nov): My cousin is coming to Melbourne from Switzerland! Going to Melbourne to catch up with him and will be off for a mini vacation on Tuesday, wish me all the best! =)

Yes, I know

my blog has been deserted for too long that it has moulded, and worse, some cob webs have even crept its way into my blog! 0_0 No wonder both Sookie and Ben have been bugging me to update my blog, they must be 'horrified' by its state of nothing-ness! Hmm, perhaps you guys can bring along some feather dusters next time so that we can menggotong-royong to clear all those mould and cob webs on my blog, hehe... =p

Just in case you were wondering and didn't know, I had been busy with my honours dissertation. After enduring a time that felt almost like the 'Dark Age II' of my life (stop laughing Sookie! ^^), I finally submitted my dissertation on 19 October, that was such a huge relief! Anyway, speaking of my dissertation, thanks heaps Ivan! And also not forgetting Ying and Nick in helping me out, you guys are the best housemates! =) Honestly, the day of submission was like a battlefield that I almost died of a heart attack, will tell you more about it some other time.

So have just handed in my final assignment today (yes, I still had two freaking assignments even after I submitted my dissertation! *pulls hair*) and the perfect mood has suddenly struck to update my long-forgotten blog.

Therefore, here I am, after close to two months of 'vanishing into the thin air'. *inaudible awe*

Anyway, I realised my blog came to an abrupt halt in May (the August entry doesn't count because it's merely a tag), so I'll summarised briefly what I did during the last five months (or was it six?), just to let you know I was actually doing something 'constructive' and wasn't just hibernating, hoho~~

HUMCASS Annual Awards Night

So I was awarded with an Honours scholarship by HUMCASS (my faculty - School of Humanities, Communications and Social Sciences). Ben, Alex, Ying and Byron were there as well for my award presentation.

And not forgetting, my favourite lecturer Paul Atkinson! *winks*

Acting Boliao -_-lll

Mask session for the girls and we went a little overboard out of boredom, lol.

One of those nights when everyone was just plain insane.


An orange a day keeps the doctor away. >_<

Gold Coast Trip

So we had a 6D 5N holiday in Gold Coast and it was incrediby awesome! Thanks everyone for making it such a memorable trip, especially to both Byron and Dom, for planning such a flawless holiday. *winks*

Everyone was all set to dive into White Water World. Btw the girls were wearing... hmm, what do you call those again? Honestly, totally can't remember *blushes*. Anyway, we bought those mini sarong thingy from Carrara Market the day before.


A 'paradise' that felt like 'hell' (pun intended, hoho). Had an all-you-can-eat pancake buffet for $7.90 at Pancake Paradise that everyone almost puked at the end of the buffet. *shivers*

At Dreamworld clad in ponchos. Now don't we all look cute? *.*

I'm a happy prisoner! =p

Movieworld, my favourite world out all the three worlds we went to.

In a delusion of grandeur - the blokes were so delusional that they thought they were Bruce Lee or Jet Li. -_-lll *runs far far away from them to avoid embarrassment*



To add more fun, we even went zorbing! (Too lazy to explain what zorbing is, check out on Wikipedia if you're interested.)


And yours truly was 'mercilessly taunted' for

being 'vertically challenged' for the harness zorb! Bloody hell, damn you Byron! *prepares to initiate the process of sula-ing*


Apparently, one has to be at least 153cm in order to qualify for the harness zorb and obviously, poor Ammie is just too short, apa dayaku? *hides in a dark corner and sulks* Oh well, not that I was planning to go for the harness zorb anyway because I was more interested in


the group hydro zorb. Sharon, Xue Ting and myself, hydro zorb rocks!!


How could anyone go to Gold Coast and yet not set foot on Surfers Paradise? It's almost like going to China without going the Great Wall of China, going to Malaysia without going to mamak (huh?) and the list can go on and on.


So we went to Surfers Paradise and decided to make a 'bold' statement by 'freezing in mid air'! =) Love this shot though and Alex looked like he was techno dancing, wahaha!


ISA committee 2007 at Surfers Paradise. *hearts*


"That's all folks!" Well said. It marked the last day of our holiday and I was quite reluctant to leave. Somehow, going back to Churchill felt like going back to the real world.


Anyway, I had a wonderful time in Gold Coast and am definitely looking forward to going there again. Once again, thanks for making this happen guys and thanks for dragging me into the trip too! *winks*


Big Day Out Sem 2 2007: The Birth of the Art of Camwhoring

Everyone seems to love camwhoring this semester and I can't help but to think that such 'passion' first stemmed from Big Day Out and it eventually infected everyone!




On a boring ferry trip to a boring town called Williamstown. It was so boring that we started camwhoring and even did something very 'stupid', was fun nonetheless (although everyone probably thought that we were some retards just released from some ulu kampung, lol).




Camwhores/Camsluts spotted! *runs far far away and pretends not to know them*


Flashers spotted! We were so proud of being Monash students that we flashed our Monash-ness shamelessly, hoho~~




Melbourne Museum is probably one of the most boring museums on earth, I daresay. Which explained why we had nothing much to do but just camwhoring at the museum. Btw, don't you think John (the guy with a beanie) looked so detached in the shot that he almost looked like a random stranger who just appeared out of the blue? *chuckles*

Love this shot, wicked!

ISA Open Day 2007

Similar to last year, ISA did a fashion parade this year too except this time around, I was the emcee and not one of the models like last year. Was somehow kena herat by Nick to be the emcee... Oh well, not that I mind, I had fun emceeing.


Traditional costumes ranging from Laos, Myanmar to Japan and China. I borrowed a baju kebaya nyonya from dear Sarah and yes, Selegne was wearing my cheongsam. Isn't she divine?


ISA committee 2007 rocks!


Wandering around the art gallery exhibition at the Faculty of Art and Design. Hmm, sookie looked like she was emo-ing though, hehe...


I was so red that I could camouflage in a sea of red hearts! (Pun intended)

Dom's Farewell

After being in Churchill for only one semester, Dom was finally heading back to Singapore. =( Was quite saddened actually, gonna miss that dude!

In an Italian restaurant at Lygon Street, the night before Dom's departure. Went for gelati ice-cream after dinner, yum!


Dom the emo king! A more 'advanced' level of the art of camwhoring - emo-ing. -_-lll

The Phantom of the Opera

After living 22 years, I can't believe this was actually my first time going to a play and it simply perplexed me how much fun I've missed out all these years!

Guys, forget about the movie, The Phantom of the Opera is simply a must-watch, bet the movie is nothing like the play (I've never seen the movie before but I just refuse to believe that the movie can outdo the play). Honestly, going to a theater is absolutely different from going to a cinema, although it was rather pricey (our tickets were worth $70 plus each), every cent spent was undoubtedly worthwhile! Oh yea, did I mention I love the songs too? (=

Everyone was smiling from ear to ear after The Phantom of the Opera. See the Phantom's sign behind us?

Love this shot! Think we girls looked so demure. ^.^

Ying's Belated Birthday Party

The poor girl didn't even know this party was meant for her and was later kena smacked by a cake. *evil laughter*


Jasper the attention king demanded everyone's full attention in this shot, isn't that cute?

Skydiving

No, not me (as much as I wanted to). This was Farrah; Ying and I were only there as kepoh spectators, although we both had theses to complete at the time.
The kepoh and the skydivers. Where's the other kepoh?!!

Yet Another Party

Cynthia's masquerade birthday party. Once again, the art of camwhoring was ubiquitous, we were all acting cute, omg!

SRA Ball 2007

This year's SRA Ball was held much later than previous years (in early October). Strangely, didn't enjoy it as much as last year though, perhaps I was just simply stressed with my dissertation, how potong steam!


On the dancefloor, was not too bad. Honestly, think they should have hired a DJ instead of a rock band, it just didn't have the vibe.

Gown Day: Deja Vu

The next day after SRA Ball, it was Gown Day and I had to wake up so freaking early! Somebody just kill me!

Anyway, I couldn't help but felt a sense of deja vu as this was after all my second gown day (my first gown day was last year). However, this time around, I did manage to do something I didn't do last year -

taking shots at the Monash roundabout! Don't know why I actually forgot to do that last year, oh well, at least I made up for it this year. \(*.*)/

Hat-throwing at the roundabout, also another Monash tradition. Hurray!



International graduates beaming with joy at the amphitheatre. Anyway, one advice from me, don't ever stand at the front row (like me) because you life would be at stake. Bloody hell, I was actually hit by one of those hats and it was not just any kind of pain but the king kong type of pain! Damn!

Luckily the culprit wan't caught or else he or she would have been sula-ed by me, wahaha!


ISA AGM

Time for us old committee to relinquish our positions. The new ISA committee is in jeopardy now more than ever - there's only one girl in the entire freaking committee! *gasp* FYI: Rachel my successor is currently the only girl in the committee.


Sookie and I flashing our name badges with pride. -_-lll Honestly, it didn't really hit me until later that I was no longer part of ISA which I held dearly, I actually spent the rest of the night emo-ing, well, sort of... *sobs*

Anyway, after the AGM, we decided to go to Qu Bah for desserts as a celebration. (Yes, I know I was supposed to be emo-ing but who can resist desserts? So shut up! *.*)

On the way to Qu Bah. Everyone including the driver (Kal) started camwhoring! *sweats*

As of yesterday

we went to Qu Bah for dinner, just as a form of celebration for those who had finished their exams (Nick and Alex) and a form of relaxation for those who hadn't (Yong and Eileen). Oh yea, I still had one assignment due at that time, damn!

Anyway, I ordered a beef medallion, yum! And I spent freaking $24 on it, ouch! Oh well, it was good stuff, totally worth it. (=

As of today

I finally finished my assignment! I must say, I actually did enjoy doing the assignment because it was sort of like a mixture of journalistic reporting and narrative essay. Reminded me of why I fell in love with writing at the first place, wicked!

So we had a Shine farewell dinner today. Apart from the cauliflower gratin I made, it was simply a chickenfest! *gasp* Anyway, it was a small but nevertheless a good dinner, feel so blessed to have made so many good friends here. ^.^

Ok, that pretty summarised everything, will elaborate more on each if I'm in the mood. ;)

*****

Randomfest

Did I tell you how cheated I felt by the stupid daylight saving? Bloody hell, they stole my freaking one hour, give me back my one hour!!!

Just so that you know, my trademark line 3 is "When I become famous arr..." *Ying rolls eyes and decides to ignore Ammie*

Can someone please teach me how to convert a Word document to PDF?

Labels: , ,

♥ When you think of happiness, I hope you think of me.
3:23 AM


1 comments

♥ MYSELF ;

    Ammie or Aims.
    From Malaysia, currently in Australia.
    More about myself?
    Read my blog,
    perhaps you'll get an idea.
    Of course,
    that might or might not be the case,
    not promising anything.
    I don't owe you an explanation
    about myself after all.

♥ TagBoard


♥ Thank you

♥ Past

♥ Counters



    eXTReMe Tracker