<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/38365664?origin\x3dhttp://aims-dolcevita.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Monday, October 06, 2008

Roses

are red...... Wait, why am I saying this? *sweat*

Oh well, suppose I can't think of a better opening than that, hehe.



Anyway, got this rose from Bernie at church yesterday. Father John even joked that I ought to feel special as only people on Bernie's 'top 10 list' will get roses from him. But honestly, as much as I'm not a very flower person, reckon receiving flowers from time to time isn't bad after all. =)



Love how the rose juxtaposes my Juicy Couture desktop, so pretty! ^_^

Speaking of church, was 'recruited' to join the choir a couple of weeks ago and it was my first time being a choir member yesterday and I must say, I simply LOVE it! Plus, the other choir members have been very welcoming and are such darlings, what's not to love? Oh yea, apparently our choir has a name --> VIP (Verses In Praise).

I'm taking baby steps in getting myself more involved in the community, I'm happy and proud of myself, at least I took the first step. =)

******

So the weekend was simply glorious, weather-wise. Speaking of weather, I can't believe it actually HAILED today! Oh well, guess that's typical Melbournian weather, fortunately I was indoor at the time.

Anyway, about the weekend. Wasn't originally planning to go out on Saturday until Audrey called and claimed that it's a shame to be home-bound when the weather was so wonderful. So off we went to the beach!



I'm glad that I did go out for everything was so alive (oh well, it's spring after all) and it's good to tap into such joyous aura, hehe.



Btw, we went to St Kilda.
Char Siu Zai said that I should have gone to Brighton instead of St Kilda. Eh love child, next time can bring your mommy there, muahaha!!

Moving along. We were strolling along Acland Street when this caught my attention:



Graffitists in action!



How cool is that, awesome! Totally salute these guys who were there for hours, such professionalism.

Decided to have a late lunch at Lentil As Everything. Went there years ago with
Char Siu Zai and I must say, things sure have changed. Most notably, the menu, from a few selections then to only TWO choices now.

Not that I'm complaning though, it must have been rather hard for them, especially when their survival totally depend on people's generosity. Oh, did I mention you are free to pay any amount you want? Now you get what I meant by 'totally depend on other people's generosity'?

Anyway, it was either lentil burger or mala kofta that day, went for the mala kofta simply because it sounded exotic! Haha.



While waiting for the food, took a shot of my bracelet, isn't it pretty? You don't have to agree, it was meant to be a rhetorical question and honestly I couldn't care less what you think, muahaha. Got it for only $3! 0_o




Audrey was suddenly camera shy. *evil laughter*



Finally, the arrival of food! Wrong one though, was meant for another table, this was lentil burger by the way. -_- Good presentation nevertheless.



Minutes later, the mala kofta finally came my way, hurray!



Reckon it's rather good, filled with rich herbs and spices. God knows how I adore herbs and spices!



Simply because I love chandeliers, hehe. =P

Anyway, a stroll along Acland Street wouldn't be complete without indulging in its famous desserts. So after lunch, went to one of those cafes with irresistible displays of mouth-watering sweets!



Audrey's French gateaux. Isn't it beautiful?



Very pyramid-inspired, hehe.



My Acland special. *gasps*



Actually had a sense of deja vu as I was savoring this until I realised we had the exact same thing the last time Hui Ting was here!



Love it, very refreshing. Btw, love the glaze too, reckon it complements the dessert.



And of course I was happy! =)

******

So was chatting with a long lost friend the other day and it simply made my day. Sort of reminded me of those youthful days (not that I'm very old now mind you!) and above all, home. ^^

******

Got a compliment from my GM today. It's amazing how simple words could evoke such magnitude of joy. Thanks for your generous compliment Fiona. =)

Labels: , ,

♥ When you think of happiness, I hope you think of me.
10:00 PM


2 comments

♥ MYSELF ;

    Ammie or Aims.
    From Malaysia, currently in Australia.
    More about myself?
    Read my blog,
    perhaps you'll get an idea.
    Of course,
    that might or might not be the case,
    not promising anything.
    I don't owe you an explanation
    about myself after all.

♥ TagBoard


♥ Thank you

♥ Past

♥ Counters



    eXTReMe Tracker