Thursday, September 17, 2009
Great Ocean Road
Went there with the Dalpurians two weeks after I came back from Malaysia.
One interesting trivial: This was the FIRST time ever I went to GOR! Despite the many years I've resided here. During my uni days, I was involved in organising a GOR trip but I didn't join the trip, I wonder why. Oh yea, I was caught up with my Honours thesis.
See the lighthouse behind us? Apparently it's one of the iconic spots along GOR.
Lunch time! Another piece of interesting trivial: I hopelessly puked prior to this! All thanks to the winding road. Luckily I managed to hold it until we pulled over, otherwise poor Surekha's car would be stained.


Wing Sze's - lemon prawns linguine. Looks delectable isn't it? It even smells of lemon fragrance too, lovely. Unfortunately, it's rather bland to our liking. I reckon my homemade lemon mushroom linguine is much better.
My mussels in tomato broth! Fantastic especially on a cold day.
The Twelve Apostles, another must-go destinations along GOR. Sadly, it's no longer twelve, some have collapsed over the previous years.
With Wing Sze and Surekha.
Alex and Byron.
Another highlight of this trip was the cottage we stayed. It has an attic bedroom!
Wing Sze and I slept over here.
Look, there's even a cute Teddy bear on this bed!
The lounge area.
My dinner, salmon with risotto.
And it was yummy, very pleased with my choice.
One more trivial: As much as I hate to say this, age seems to have caught up with us. At the end of the day, we so-called young people actually slept at 11ish! Gosh can you believe it?!! Wait, on second thought, think Twilight must be the culprit. *in denial* So we were watching Twilight and were absolutely bored to death by its slow pace (especially the boys, a puzzled Alex even asked what the movie was about halfway through), by the end of the movie we were just so exhausted that we went straight to bed immediately.
The next day, rise and shine!
This is London Bridge of which part of it collapsed last year, bridge no more.
Boys will be boys.
This shot looks neat.


Went to Cudgee Creek Wildlife Park.
Everyone seemed to be psyched with feeding the animals.
The sole koala in the park. It was sound asleep initially (apparently it needs 22 hours of sleep per day, if memory serves me right), then Alex tried to wake it up and it only moved slightly. Mission failed, LOL.

See the little joey popping out of his mummy's pocket?

Only one word to describe this magnificent creature - yeng!
The staff there were so friendly, one of them let us hold this little joey!
And the poor little guy kept shivering due to the cold.
I didn't realise this until Eileen pointed out - this shot looks like a loving mother doting on her baby! Blame it on the maternal instinct, hehe.
Last but not least, the great finale, on the way back from GOR, my delicious waffles! =)
So some say you've never been to Melbourne if you've never been to Great Ocean Road. I wonder why, I don't really feel strongly about it though. Having said that, I had such great company throughout the trip and that's all that mattered to me.
******
On a random note, just came back from the airport. Ben is flying back to Malaysia later tonight. How long will he be there? Indefinitely.
Having the whole house to myself, that's mind blowing. Haven't thought much about that given the short notice. Anyway, will definitely miss Ben's company, all the best Ben! =)
Went there with the Dalpurians two weeks after I came back from Malaysia.
One interesting trivial: This was the FIRST time ever I went to GOR! Despite the many years I've resided here. During my uni days, I was involved in organising a GOR trip but I didn't join the trip, I wonder why. Oh yea, I was caught up with my Honours thesis.
See the lighthouse behind us? Apparently it's one of the iconic spots along GOR.
Lunch time! Another piece of interesting trivial: I hopelessly puked prior to this! All thanks to the winding road. Luckily I managed to hold it until we pulled over, otherwise poor Surekha's car would be stained.

Wing Sze's - lemon prawns linguine. Looks delectable isn't it? It even smells of lemon fragrance too, lovely. Unfortunately, it's rather bland to our liking. I reckon my homemade lemon mushroom linguine is much better.
My mussels in tomato broth! Fantastic especially on a cold day.
The Twelve Apostles, another must-go destinations along GOR. Sadly, it's no longer twelve, some have collapsed over the previous years.
With Wing Sze and Surekha.
Alex and Byron.
Another highlight of this trip was the cottage we stayed. It has an attic bedroom!
Wing Sze and I slept over here.
Look, there's even a cute Teddy bear on this bed!
The lounge area.
My dinner, salmon with risotto.
And it was yummy, very pleased with my choice.One more trivial: As much as I hate to say this, age seems to have caught up with us. At the end of the day, we so-called young people actually slept at 11ish! Gosh can you believe it?!! Wait, on second thought, think Twilight must be the culprit. *in denial* So we were watching Twilight and were absolutely bored to death by its slow pace (especially the boys, a puzzled Alex even asked what the movie was about halfway through), by the end of the movie we were just so exhausted that we went straight to bed immediately.
The next day, rise and shine!
This is London Bridge of which part of it collapsed last year, bridge no more.
Boys will be boys.
This shot looks neat.

Went to Cudgee Creek Wildlife Park.
Everyone seemed to be psyched with feeding the animals.
The sole koala in the park. It was sound asleep initially (apparently it needs 22 hours of sleep per day, if memory serves me right), then Alex tried to wake it up and it only moved slightly. Mission failed, LOL.
See the little joey popping out of his mummy's pocket?
Only one word to describe this magnificent creature - yeng!
The staff there were so friendly, one of them let us hold this little joey!
And the poor little guy kept shivering due to the cold.
I didn't realise this until Eileen pointed out - this shot looks like a loving mother doting on her baby! Blame it on the maternal instinct, hehe.
Last but not least, the great finale, on the way back from GOR, my delicious waffles! =)So some say you've never been to Melbourne if you've never been to Great Ocean Road. I wonder why, I don't really feel strongly about it though. Having said that, I had such great company throughout the trip and that's all that mattered to me.
******
On a random note, just came back from the airport. Ben is flying back to Malaysia later tonight. How long will he be there? Indefinitely.
Having the whole house to myself, that's mind blowing. Haven't thought much about that given the short notice. Anyway, will definitely miss Ben's company, all the best Ben! =)
♥ When you think of happiness, I hope you think of me.
6:26 PM
0 comments
6:26 PM