<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/38365664?origin\x3dhttp://aims-dolcevita.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Monday, February 08, 2010

First photos

taken with my camera in 2010! (Only realised this as I was transferring photos from the camera to my laptop)

So what's the occasion?

A hike at Mt Dandenong!


Yes, you heard me right, a HIKE. I know, for someone as lazy as myself, it's quite unbelievable.


As unbelievable as it was, the event DID take place and I even went hiking for 2 hours! How impressive is that!


Even I impressed myself LOL. Fortunately, the weather was great (slightly chilly), so it was a rather pleasant hike. =)

Anyway, remember how Miss Marples cheated my feelings the last time? Well, thought I popped by after the hike. The time was 10:55am, 5 minutes to their opening time.


And there were already this group of people waiting for it to open!!! And talk about good timing, didn't need to wait too long for it to open and got a table as soon as it opened.


And not just any other table, but THIS table by the window, how pretty was it!


I was so happy that I couldn't contain my excitement. =) Finally, I conquered Miss Marples!


A sneak peek at their menu.


Full house as soon as it opened, its reputation definitely precedes it.


Love its cottage-like interior, how quaint were the pots and kettles!


A wide array of teapots on the ledge, wonder if they got them from next door (Tea Leaves next door sells tea leaves, teapots etc).


Started off with pumpkin soup for appetizer, simply delicious! Almost couldn't bear to ruin this pretty concoction though LOL.


Yummy bread rolls to go with yummy soup.


Bypassed main and jumped straight to dessert - the oh-so-famous scones! God knows how long I've waited for this moment, finally.


Tried their plain and fruits scones, topped with cream and jam, simply heavenly!


Alas, I underestimated the scones and felt so stuffed that I couldn't finish this last bit despite several attempts. I'm terrible sorry Miss Marples!


The aftermath, after a satisfying meal. =)

Had a stroll along Sassafras after that and came across this interesting doll at a toy shop.


Evil queen/stepmother. Flip the dress over...


... and you'll get Snow White and the Seven Dwarves! How cute is that! Besides that, there're also some other fairy tale characters e.g. Jack and the Beanstalk, Three Little Pigs/Wolf etc.


Some random shop at Olinda.


Inside a vintage shop at Olinda, love vintage!

Oh happy day. =)

Labels: ,

♥ When you think of happiness, I hope you think of me.
6:23 PM


0 comments

♥ MYSELF ;

    Ammie or Aims.
    From Malaysia, currently in Australia.
    More about myself?
    Read my blog,
    perhaps you'll get an idea.
    Of course,
    that might or might not be the case,
    not promising anything.
    I don't owe you an explanation
    about myself after all.

♥ TagBoard


♥ Thank you

♥ Past

♥ Counters



    eXTReMe Tracker