Tuesday, April 03, 2007
Of Heroes and Other Miscellaneous Incidents
xxxxx
SWIMMING CLASS
I've been hooked on Heroes, thanks to Lex. So when I first came back to good old Gippy at the beginning of this semester, I was utterly bored (no surprise in that huh? ^^). And that was when Lex introduced me to Heroes.
Initially, the title of the series didn't interest me (seriously, don't you reckon it's rather cliched?). But out of curiousity, I thought I'd give it a shot anyway. Eventually, contrary to my initial impression, the series were absolutely addictive and I just couldn't resist it. So finally, I finished 13 episodes in just ONE night!! 0_0
*gasp*
Anyway, despite my ongoing hullabaloo about Heroes, Audrey remained adamant about her opinion of the series --> "It's absolutely ridiculous and it doesn't make sense at all! I just don't like it."
Well, fair enough. I have to agree, it doesn't really make sense in the real world.
But then again, does everything really need to make sense? In the real world, yes, I suppose. But in the movie world, maybe not, depending on that particular genre. That's why we have a genre called 'fantasy' (Heroes is categorised under this genre btw), it's NOT supposed to make sense at all! And plus, trying to make sense of everything is kinda tiring sometimes, somehow it tends to make things even more rigid. So I guess that's the reason Heroes appeals to me, it doesn't really make sense. *lol*
Ok, enough with my sudden philosophical insight. *pai seh* So back to Heroes, there're several characters whom I thought were rather interesting (and not to mention, with interesting powers as well).
Initially, the title of the series didn't interest me (seriously, don't you reckon it's rather cliched?). But out of curiousity, I thought I'd give it a shot anyway. Eventually, contrary to my initial impression, the series were absolutely addictive and I just couldn't resist it. So finally, I finished 13 episodes in just ONE night!! 0_0
*gasp*
Anyway, despite my ongoing hullabaloo about Heroes, Audrey remained adamant about her opinion of the series --> "It's absolutely ridiculous and it doesn't make sense at all! I just don't like it."
Well, fair enough. I have to agree, it doesn't really make sense in the real world.
But then again, does everything really need to make sense? In the real world, yes, I suppose. But in the movie world, maybe not, depending on that particular genre. That's why we have a genre called 'fantasy' (Heroes is categorised under this genre btw), it's NOT supposed to make sense at all! And plus, trying to make sense of everything is kinda tiring sometimes, somehow it tends to make things even more rigid. So I guess that's the reason Heroes appeals to me, it doesn't really make sense. *lol*
Ok, enough with my sudden philosophical insight. *pai seh* So back to Heroes, there're several characters whom I thought were rather interesting (and not to mention, with interesting powers as well).
The Japanese dude who can time travel! Honestly, I thought he was pretty deluded intially because he was so headstrong about his time-travelling power. But hell yea, it turned out he really could time travel! 0_o Among all the characters, Hiro is definitely one unlikely hero. However, you have to give this little fellow credit for believing in himself, he actually gave up his job in Tokyo and went all the way to New York to 'save the world'!
You think it's no big deal? Try telling your mum this and see what she'll say. Well, I know what my mum will say for sure, hehe......
me: Mum, I've decided to quit my job because I've suddenly discovered I can time travel. I'm off to New York to save the world now! *excited*
mum: Si gina, you siao arr? You know how much money I spent to raise you or not? And now you just want to cincai quit your job and save other people's asses? *furious* I'll disown you if you step out of this house! *increasingly furious*
me: !!!!!!!!!! *bo bian*
*laughs like an idiot*
Ok, perhaps your mum (and mine too) won't say that. But I'm sure you pretty much have an idea of the possible consequences if you told her that right? Gee, I guess that's why Hiro curi-curi left Japan without informing his dad......
Anyway, I've always thought that time is not something to be meddled with, so I'm not very impressed by Hiro's power. Nevertheless, I'm indeed very amused by his eccentrism, think he's very cute! (suspect it also may be due to the fact that his name is pronounced the same as my son's nickname, hoho~~) *winks*
So everyone, please give it up for Hiro!! *thunderous applause*
I'm impressed by his power the most, in my opinion, he has the strongest power of all --> the power to absorb others' power. *gasp* And even more impressive was when he finally managed to conquer whatever that held him back and maximised his power! So he now can be invisible, fly, heal himself, listen to people's thoughts etc. *wow*
Unfortunately, as much as I'm impressed by his power, I'm not at all impressed by him as a guy. Why? Well, it's just a personal preference. This dude has too many complicated issues and he can be rather sensitive as well as insecure sometimes. No offence but an over-sensitive guy is such a turn off!
Now don't you think she looks sweeeeet? *winks* Miss Bennett here is everything a 16-year-old wants to be: she's a cheerleader, Homecoming Queen, the sweet girl-next-door...... except for one thing, she's INVINCIBLE!! *gasp* This girl can actually heal herself, and mind you, the self-healing process is rather speedy too! Whether from falling off a skycrapper, exposure to extreme radioactivity or from having a ultra sharp object piercing through her throat (imagine she coming to life after being dissected in a post-mortem room)!! 0_0
Nevertheless, despite the fact that she's invincible, she's also pretty vulnerable at the same time, especially when she managed to track down her biological parents and only to be turned away by her biological father. *lelaki yang tak guna!* Poor girl...... *sighs*
Nikki is definitely one of the hottest female characters in Heroes! And for someone who has a son, she's way beyond hottttttt....
But too bad boys, as sexy as she is, she's also as deadly as Poison Ivy thanks to her evil alter-ego in the form of 'Jessica' (her dead twin sister). As opposed to sweet and meek Nikki, Jessica is cold-blooded, smart and exceptionally strong (imagine she could actually rip a grown man into two with her bare hands)! And worse, Nikki is totally at Jessica's disposal, she has no control over when Jessica emerges and takes over her body. Gee, speaking of the most dangerous split personality disorder!
So boys, remember the saying 'don't mess with girls'? Well, Nikki (or rather, Jessica) is absolutely one chick you don't wanna mess with it...... *lol*
Anyway, speaking of sexiness, here comes my favourite character! Hey, he's actually voted as one of the sexiest guys by, err..... I think, Forbes, if I remember correctly.
.
.
.
.
.
Well, he may not have any super powers but he's undoubtedly a smart and gifted human genome expert (somehow I always find SMART guys attractive, hehe... *blushes*). I particularly like the way he talks about the human genome, si beh smart ok? Haha...... (OMG, I sounded like a bimbo or a 花痴, didn't I? *pai seh*) Anyway, I seriously think the series should focus more on him and give more depth to his character, that'll be be perfecto!
I've basically watched Heroes up to episode 17, damn kancheong now lor~~ So whoever that has episode 18 please kindly donate it to me asap, I assure you your kindness and generosity will never be forgotten. *hint hint to Lex, wahaha*
xxxxx
SWIMMING CLASS
So I went for a swimming lesson last week and to my surprise, out of the many people who signed up, I was the only one present! *gasp*
Oh well, it's actually quite good considering I had a one-to-one swimming lesson and plus I'm a very slow learner when it comes to sports, hehe...... Anyway, I have to give credit to dear Meg for being such a wonderful coach. Gosh, this girl was just so patient and helpful, no wonder she's doing Education, I can see an outstanding teacher in the making there! *thumbs up*
So back to swimming. I've always enjoyed swimming, and hell, it's the only sports that I enjoy doing! But ever since I stopped learning during my SPM era (man, that was like 6 freaking years ago!), it has remained stagnant until now. Oh well, at least I know freestyle (although, ahem, I'm not very good at it and that's the only stroke I know!). But my problem is, I can't seem to stay afloat as soon as I stop swimming, so that explains why I could never swim beyond 25m (that's pretty much the maximum length my feet can still reach the bottom and I was [still am] too chicken to swim further than that, hehe...).
Anyway, during the lesson, I could actually swim a full lap! (with the help of a floating board of course) At the same time, Meg was just chatting casually with me in an attempt to distract me from being chickened out. *lol*
Oh dear Meg, how sweet of you......
And it really worked, I was immediately more at ease and was able to swim more confidently. However, at the deepest end of the swimming pool.......
Meg: Hmm, you're doing good now.
me: *quite relaxed* Yea I reckon, thanks to you.
Meg: So you reckon you're alright without the board? *seemed to prepare to steal my board away from me*
me: *suddenly very tensed & defensive* NOOOOOOO!!!!!!
-____-lll
Ok, I'm embarrassing myself here. *blushes* Oh well, I guess I'm just too paranoid, seriously need to work on that. *fingers crossed* Guys, wish me luck!
Btw, me being zero talent in sports (swimming per se) actually contributes to a new analogy --> Ammie in the water = Patrick out of the water!
-________-llllll
Did you get it? Nvm, I shall demonstrate it for you. *villainous smirks*
.
.
.
.
.
.
So what will happen to cute little Patrick if he's out of the water? (Hint: It happened in SpongeBob SquarePants)
.
.
.
.
.
.
=.=
Ok, you're supposed to laugh now. (And if you don't, it means you don't have a good sense of humour or my joke was lame. But since I refuse to believe the latter, it's decided that you don't possess a good sense of humour, should you not laugh)
-__-"
Ok, I realise I'm talking nonsense again. Case about swimming class will therefore be adjourned.
xxxxx
Other Recent Updates
- Had a great ISA committee dinner at a Chinese restaurant in Traralgon last week. The buffet was so-so but absolutely enjoyed myself, I was more into talking than eating! Will upload pictures taken there as soon as I get them.
- Need to start working on Ramblings soon, I'll be writing feature articles for the first edition, hurray! *excited*
- Also need to work on the Nexus soon, looking forward to that. *double dose of excitement* Think I have an idea of who to 'recruit' as writers for the Nexus. *hint hint to Sookie, hehe*
- My MSN and damn Telstra Broadband are completely pissing me off! *si beh tulan* So if you don't receive any replies from me on MSN, that's because either one of them (or both) is kicking up a fuss. Please lor, I won't simply ignore anyone's messages (I have very good manners Ok? Aiyo, muka tembok ni, hehe......), unless if he/she has been a dickhead. And if that's the case, I'd have already blocked he/she ages ago.
xxxxx
I'm so FUCKED!!!!! *takes a deep breath*
Seriously, need to move my lazy ass and do something about it......
神啊!救救我吧!
Ok, bedtime now. Will work on it from tomorrow onwards. *very determined* Dear God, please show me your guidance......
Labels: entertainment, miscellaneous, rambling
♥ When you think of happiness, I hope you think of me.
12:35 AM
7 comments
12:35 AM









